Tam Ryan

My photo
Nature and Wildlife Photographer Published in Arizona Highways Magazine, Arizona Desert Views Magazine's Calendar and Nature Conservancy among other publications. Tam Ryan has lived in the Southwestern United States for over forty years. Her interests center on the region's unique attributes, especially its vast landscapes and bird wildlife. Tam Ryan's other interests include abstracts in nature, architecture, desert flora, and cacti.

Monday, March 2, 2015

March 1, 2015 Photo of the Week: Old MASTERS - PHOTOGRAPHERS and DIGITAL ARTS

I am so thrilled and honored! This image below and three other images of mine are in Featured Artist of the Week on Fine Art America in the group called "Old MASTERS - PHOTOGRAPHERS and DIGITAL ARTS". This group is for artists/photographers over the age of sixty. The page administrator, Lenore Senior, wrote this in comments: "CONGRATULATIONS, Tam!~You are the Featured Artist of the Week in the group, Old MASTERS--Photographers and Digital Arts! Your work is consistently excellent and appealing!! v/f and FB promotion!"

I traveled with four other photographer friends to visit this amazing wildlife area for water birds. It was a first time visit for all of us. We were in awe of the Sandhill Cranes and their graceful beauty as they flew by in pairs and groups. This is a color photo. But, due to the complete overcast of that day, this appears as monochrome, almost black and white. I love the mood it gives to the image. I had several images similar to this to choose from. But, this one, with the spacing of each bird and the multiple water reflections from their wings just spoke to me.

Some of the comments on my Facebook post about this image were very encouraging! It is so nice to know that some of my images affect others in a positive way, just as they do for me.

I have had three weeks to work with this new Tamron 150-600 mm lens before arriving at Whitewater Draw. I have been impressed with the capabilities of this lens, its clarity and responsiveness. The features that appealed to me were many. I researched blogs and YouTube and heard many good reports of its capabilities and then made the decision to buy the lens for my birding adventures.








No comments:

Post a Comment

PUBLISHED in Arizona Game and Fish Calendar 2024

My photo of two juvenile Black-necked Stilts was pubished in the 2024 Arizona Game and Fish Calendar. The image won an Honorable Mention an...